Personal Data Policy
1. The purpose of this document is to inform you of how Casio Singapore Pte Ltd (“Casio Singapore”) handles personal data which is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012).
2. Without prejudice to the foregoing, by accessing and using our website in any way, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as set out above.
How We Collect Personal Data
3. Generally, Casio Singapore may collect Personal Data in various ways including:
(a) in the course of your purchasing our products or services, or your providing documentation or information to us;(b) you participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
(c) when you use or subscribe to any of our online services or communication platforms (including electronic publications, mailing lists, updates, alerts, announcements);
(d) when you communicate or interact with us via telephone, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, our website, email or other modes of contact;
(e) CCTV recordings while you are within our premises;
(f) when you attend an event or activity organised by us;
(g) when you submit an employment application or provide documents or information such as your resume, from recruitment agencies and employment references;
(h) from public information sources, search services and other third parties; and
(i) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
4. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, by submitting such Personal Data to us, you also represent to us and must ensure that you have notified the third party of the terms of this Policy and obtained his consent.
Purposes for which we Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data
5. Casio Singapore uses the personal information of its customers and others for business purposes, and within the scope of the uses below.
6. The main business purposes for which Casio Singapore uses personal information are as listed below.
(a) Customer personal information
Sending information about products, services, and events
Providing product support and maintenance, and warranty service
Responding to customer inquiries
Providing membership services
Carrying out surveys and monitoring to improve products and services
Negotiating, meeting, etc., with customers.
Contacting customers in relation to the above
(b) Personal data of business other companies, organizations, suppliers, business associates or partners
Communications, negotiations, meetings, etc., required for business activities
Managing customer and transaction information
Business shipments and deliveries
Implementing business surveys, etc.
Tenders and quotations
Executing contracts including payment processing
Reports, communications, inquiries, etc., to the competent authorities
(c) Personal data of prospective and current employees
Implementing and managing recruitment activities Providing recruitment information and the like to applicants for employment and communications, etc., required for recruitment activities
(d) Other Personal information
Research and development, planning, marketing
7. If personal information is to be acquired and used for purposes other than those described above, said purpose of use, and contact information for inquiries, shall be clearly indicated separately. In such cases the acquired personal information shall be used solely within the scope of the indicated purposes of use.
Who we share your information with
8. Your personal data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following persons, whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the purposes set out above:
(a) our headquarters, subsidiaries and group companies;
(b) our employees, consultants and temporary workers;
(c) third party service providers which require the processing of your data, for example, third party service providers which have been engaged by us to:
(i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information;
(ii) to host and maintain this website; or
(iii) otherwise in connection with the provision of certain services provided to you on or via our Website;
(d) our auditors and legal advisors;
(e) governmental and other regulatory authorities or the courts in any jurisdiction.
Access and Correction of your Personal Data
10. If you:
(a) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Policy;
(b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy; or
(c) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact our Data Protection Officer, as follows:
Telephone: +65 6480 7118
Address: 238B Thomson Road #18-01/08 Novena Square Tower B Singapore 307685
11. Some services offered by Casio Singapore websites use “cookies”. A “cookie” is used to provide services to the customer and identifies the computer being used by the customer; however it cannot be used to identify the actual customer unless the customer inputs personal information on the website. Information about a specific customer obtained through a “cookie” is used solely for the purpose of making Casio Singapore websites more convenient for users. Customers may disable “cookies” in browsers; however this may restrict the use of network services provided by Casio Singapore.
Third Party Sites
12. Our website may contain links to other sites and resources that are operated or provided by third parties with different privacy practices. We have no control over and do not take any responsibility for these third party websites and their personal data handling practices, and you are encouraged to review the personal data policies of web sites you choose to visit which are linked from our website.
13. This policy may be amended without notice due to the enactment or revision of laws and regulations, etc., or in order to improve the contents. This policy shall be applied from the date of enactment or amendment stated on the website.
14. This policy is governed by the laws of Singapore.
15. Where any disputes arise in relation to this policy, such matters shall be resolved upon consultation in good faith between the customer and Casio Singapore Pte Ltd. In the event that said matters cannot be resolved through consultation, any dispute arising out of or in connection with this policy, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause.